Brian K. Housh knows how to work with people, actively encouraging community collaborations and fully appreciating consensus and compromise that reflects the best ideas from diverse perspectives.
Brian grew up in the Miami Valley and understands the values of Ohioans. Raised in a middle class family and educated in public schools, he has worked hard:
- Cornell University – BS, Industrial & Labor Relations
- Tulane University – JD, Environmental Law and MBA, Finance & Social Entrepreneurship
- Small Business Owner, Leadership Communications Training Consultancy
- Board Member, American Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President, Yellow Springs Village Council
- Steering Committee, Miami Valley Culture Connects 20/20
- Midwest Policy Manager, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
Brian K. Housh has the skill set and persistence to tackle problems that matter to Ohioans and put solutions into action. During his three years on Council, Brian has been actively engaged in improving the lives of citizens and promoting community well-being:
- Construct new water plant/upgrade system
- Build 1 MW solar array to power community
- Advocate for youth programming, e.g. YS Skate Park & Youth Center improvements
- Actively support municipal broadband initiative
- Succeed in balancing Village budget
- Promote citizen engagement via online channels including Facebook & YouTube
- Lead Economic Sustainability Commission
- Collaboratively develop local policing vision
As an attentive listener
and effective communicator,
I’ve been successful in
making things happen.
Through Bipartisan Collaboration, we WILL do better as a state government in making the lives of all Ohioans better. Elected officials must focus on what matters to citizens, putting people above party and politics.
I strongly believe that state legislators must really listen to each other and earnestly foster dialogue. Only if this happens will we truly serve the people we represent.
Socially Responsible Fiscal Practices involve spending taxpayer dollars to best support quality of life for community members. There are sufficient funds, if spent wisely, to provide meaningful programs and services while maintaining a balanced budget. Strategic thinking and strong leadership are key!
I am uniquely qualified to facilitate
change with proven ability to make
significant progress in extremely
challenging situations. My optimism,
rationality and authenticity will
make a positive difference!